sunnuntai 17. elokuuta 2014

FIRST WEEK WITH THE FAMILY & HOSTSISTER LEAVING TO ESTONIA

Hallo! 
My first week with the family went better than good ! I bonded with them really quick, and they started feeling like my own family in only a couple of days. This week went by pretty fast, and I´ve even learned some german... actually not really well, I´m still using handsignals as my main object in communication, but I´m sure as soon as school starts, the language skill will boost up.Of course, just as any other exchange student before, I had to make a fool of myself a couple of times (krhm actually a million times) while trying to keep the conversation going. And almost every time my hostparents ask me something in german I just smile and agree, and mostly they hadn´t asked me a yes or no question... awkward. But gladly my family understands that it´s really hard for me to actually remember any logical words, so they do the best to help me. We even have papernotes on different furnitures with german words on them (that´s actually really genious). 

NEW HARIBOS ARE SO GOOD! They should have them in Estonia also // bratwurst...// Rudolstadt


I don´t think there´s any need for an explanation...// hostsister trying out my favorite fastfood place for the first time

   The first few days I spent with my older hostsister travelling to Jena (+ Rudolstadt) and back for a little shopping and sightseeing. Gladly both of my hostsisters know english, so at times I can give myself a little pause from that mindtwingling language, and ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND SOMETHING (I know my head should be working in german all the time, I apologize). 


   Yesterday (saturday) my younger hostsister left for her exchangeyear to Estonia, and I think I made the worst decision ever by deciding to join the family with the trip to the airport and back... Everything was good and fun, until the emotional part for the family came - the goodbyes. In that moment there was a total flashback to when I was at the airport just a couple of weeks ago, all emotional about leaving my family and boyfriend for the whole year, and seeing everybody else cry didn´t make it any easier... Before I knew I was crying together with the family, but for different reasons. Half of the day I couldn´t stop thinking about my family in Finland and in Estonia, and was sooooo homesick, it was horrible. But when we made it back home, things started going better, I communicated more with the parents, and we bonded even more thanks to the emotional breakdown. At the evening we even went running together with my hostmom, and spent the rest of the evening all together filling in my scrapbook.


   Today we went cycling with my hostdad, and went to see (in my oppinion) the most beautiful places here! We were cycling between mountains and it was so cool !! I took a lot of pointless pictures of the same water in different places, so there´s not much for me to post... 

   I apologize for my messy (most likely with mistakes) text, but I have no idea what to write and what to tell you people. There´s so much new here that I could go on for ages... It´s a bit weird to get used to the habits of my family (and overall germans), but so far I think I´ve been doing pretty good... I hope. 

Aaaaand that´s all for now, Tschüß, bis später! :)



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti