sunnuntai 10. elokuuta 2014

OWO & MEETING THE FAMILY

   Been a while since the last time I had time to come update this thing, and so much has happened since. We made it to Germany on the 3rd of august somewhere in the morning, and 2 of YFU Germanys volunteers took us from Hamburg to Lauenburg to our owo (orienterungswoche?). The rest made it there only at night, so we (Estonians) had the whole day to do whatever we wanted to.


   Me and Johanna decided to go play tourists and spent most of the day getting lost in Lauenburg. Luckily all of the stores were closed on sunday, so we didn´t have any opportunity to spend any money. The worst part about that whole day was going to sleep alone in a room for 6, while everybody else had roomies already (the other group came at 18 and the last one only at 23). But when my roomies finally made it there they were so noisy that they woke me up and good that they did ! We had a little bonding time for an hour or so until everybody blacked out again (I hadn´t slept at all in the previous night and didn´t get any during the day also). I had an Italian, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian and a French girl in my room, and I can admit that they were the best girls to spend your week with ! We bonded so fast and had so much fun together ! Overall there were only 40 of us in that camp, and the rest were in other camps.



   That week went by so fast and at the same time so slow. I had a lot of fun there and met some reaaallly great people but lets be honest, we all couldn´t wait meeting our families so it seemed so weird that everybody was counting days to finally get away from there (it may have been also because there was no Wifi and no internet anywhere in the whole village). 




   Exchange students are for sure the weirdest people you´ll ever meet, but they´re also one of the only people who actually understand and don´t judge, so it was so great to be in such environment and not feel retarded doing all those crazy things. Can´t wait to get together with all of those weirdass people and share my breakdowns and not so normal ideas. LOVE YOU ALL AND I HOPE YOU´LL HAVE THE MOST AMAZING YEAR EVER !

   Finally I can get to the interesting part, arriving to my hostfamily. We left Lauenburg yesterday all with different trains and ohmy, travelling hasn´t ever been so stressful before. There were some people who missed theyr trains simply because the doors just closed right in front of them, and that´s so creepy when you and the other girl are the only ones who made it on the train from the six of you... I was panicing the whole first train ride about will I make it on the next train, and the next train ride about will I find my family or visaversa. Luckily everything went really well and I didn´t have to contact YFU Germany at all. 

   When I saw my hostdad and other hostsister standing there on the trainstation I got once again so emotional and started crying right in front of them. The one hour drive to my new home was so interesting and there was so much adreanalin running through my veins, and at home I met my hostmom and it was so weird sitting around the table with them and not understanding aaaaanything they were saying (like literally they spoke so fast I couldn´t even understand the simple questions), but gladly after a while they slowed down they´re speaking and started using more hand gestures for me to understand better.


   Today we wen´t to my hostmoms parents place to pick up my other hostsister, and just to spend time with them. Later we went for a little walk with Maxi (older hostsister), and now were just relaxing and talking. :):)

Tschüss !




2 kommenttia:

  1. omg kui lahe Aluuunaaa! :D vaata, et sul endal ka megahea aasta tuleb!

    VastaaPoista