sunnuntai 24. elokuuta 2014

so far so good

Hallo!
   Another week of my exchange year has passed, and so many new memories have been made. I´m just going to start out by saying that Germany is A-MA-ZING! With every passing day I´m enjoying this place more and more and it´s like a dream come true to actually live here! Most people have the dream to travel somewhere farfar away and try out the so called ,,american dream life´´ , but for me it was enough to fly a few countries down, and fulfill my dreams here. I´ve been in Germany for only three weeks now, and I´m already head over heels in love with this place. I´m finally in that comfortplace with my family, and I can be weird around them and well, be myself.

selfie // Luka // yeah, I´m still a tourist...


HOW COULD I JUST NOT LOVE THIS PLACE

   From Monday to Wednesday we were with Maxi -my older hostsister- at their grandparents place (Maxi stayed until Friday but I left already on Wednesday. Oma and opa live in a small village in the mountains, and it´s so calm and pretty there (seriously, look at the third picture). It was nice to kind of take the time off, and live a bit in the German ,,farmlife´´. They have the cutest little dog there, and three mean cats (actually only two were mean but meh). We went to pick mushrooms from a forest near, and for a mushroom hater, it was actually pretty interesting! OH, and we also visited a womans house, who has the WORLD RECORD (I think...?) in collecting bells. Like seriously, she has over 10 000 bells in HER OWN HOUSE, and it was a bit scary for a clumsy child like me, to move between the endless shelves of hundreds of bells from glass or porcelain.... and she collects other things also, such as different animals from glass, and those plates you put on your wall, so her house was like a huge store of collectable things.




the slippers in the first pic were so huge and heavy, but it was not allowed to  enter the important rooms without them...


   On saturday, my hostmom took me to see the castle of Rudolstadt (picture 5 , the 4th picture). The castle was built in the Barocco era, and was used for maaaaaanymany years, until it was made in to a museum (sorry I don´t know the years...). The castle is so huge in overall, but we just saw about 13 of the rooms, and they were so pretty! I personally adore barocco style, and my heart just melt there. There were some problems with the instructor though... The other lady sold me the ticket for free (perks of being an exchange student), and while checking everyones tickets, the instructor didn´t understand why I had a 0.00 on my ticket, and started complaining something in german... The worst part was, I agreed on going on the tour without my hostmom, since she had seen it for a million and over times before... I guess the lady got tired of explaining the same thing to me over and over again, since after a few minutes she just let me through, and germans don´t really speak english... The whole tour was a bit awkward anyway, because I had the same info the instructor went through, in a notebook in english, and it seemed to be so weird for everyone else...

Mein erster besuch auf dem Vokelschiesen // they had different chips for different machines // yeah  // THERE WAS A FINNISH FLAG THERE SOMEWHERE I SWEAR

look mommy, I have friends // crossest thing I´ve ever eaten // more food // selfie #2


   The last high point of my week was the amusement park visit(s). On friday they opened the park, and we were a few of the first people to ride the machines... yay. We also visited the park today with Maxi, and I was dreaming about that blue apple ever since friday, yeah didn´t fulfill my expectations. We also ran into the prime minister of Thüringen, and I made a total fool of myself ohmy... Basically they were walking by and Maxi started explaining in english who was who, and then the prime minister walked to us and corrected something what Maxi said (sorry I wasn´t really paying attention), and then she stretched out her hand and asked where I´m from, and this idiot just pulled a casual ,,hi´´ and it took me a while to understand what her hand was there for... After a short period of time I introduced myself and tried not to cry of shame... I´m not much of an official person you know.

   Tomorrow morning we will be going to speak to the principal of my school, to find out about my upcoming year. And I apologize about giving the wrong information about my school in some post before. Turns out that when my hostfamily found out that I want to study in Germany in the future, they thought it´d be more useful to put me in a gümnasium (highschool) instead of the other school I was about to go to (don´t really know what kind of a school that was but oh well). And next week will be the last holiday week ! YAY I CAN FINALY GO TO SCHOOL TO GET SOME FRIENDS ! :):)

Tscüss!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti