lauantai 13. syyskuuta 2014

some differences

Hallo!

I don´t really have anything special to write about this week, so I was thinking about making this post all about the differences between Estonia and Germany. I may have mentioned some of these before, in my previous posts, but here all of the biggest differences listed out.

1. FOOD Germans only have one big meal a day, lunch (+ breakfast). Instead of dinner, they usually have just sandwiches and fruits. That wasn´t so bad to get used to, and to be honest, I like it more like this. But in OWO-camp, we got a bit disappointed, when we were all starving and they served us nothing else but sandwiches. Overall there are so many bakeries everywhere!

2. HABITS The weirdest thing for me was, and still is, the way that germans hug. Unlike in Estonia, when they hug, they kind of keep some distance, and the hug is a bit awkward, at least for me. I´m used to hugging my friends really tightly and usually the hugs last more than just a second, but not here... Gladly my family´s more open, and they give some proper hugs!

3. FOOD NR.2 One thing that really shocked me is, that sweets and unhealthy foods are reallyreally cheap! The first weeks here I was going crazy, and bought so much chocolate and candies, and also gained a bit of weight.. oopsie.

4. LANGUAGE In my oppinion, the language sounds a bit ´´angry´´. And usually when a person is talking to me, and I don´t understand, then I get confused that are they angry at me about something or not. At first it was so weird and unusual, but by now I´m more used to it, and have noticed that sometimes when I speak german, I tend to use the same tone in my voice.

5. CHARACTER At first the people are really closed, but ones you get to know them better, they´re reallly outgoing and fun! And unlike estonians, germans like to give their own oppinions on EVERYTHING. If they don´t like something about you, they won´t even hesitate about making sure you´ll know.
BUT the weird thing is, that it´s not really common that you´ll get bullied in a german school, doesn´t matter how ´´uncool´´ you are. So you could say that germans are a bit nicer than people back at home...

6. EDUCATION One thing that got my attention, is that in Germany, the education level based on english language isn´t as developed as in northern countries. The teachers are making things too easy for the students, for example in the lessons, most things are discussed in german.
Also, they don´t really use notebooks here. Instead they have these folders, where they put pages from notebooks, and write there. It´s kind of like creating your own notebook.
 
   I can´t really come up with anything else, so I think I´ll leave it like this. Hope you guys got a bit of a better picture of what the life is like in Germany, enjoy.


Bis später!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti