sunnuntai 5. lokakuuta 2014

what I think about Germany

   As I promised last time, this one won´t be a usual ´how my week went´-post. I´ve been gathering some thoughts for this, and finally think I´m ready to let you guys know, what do I think about Germany.

   I´ve visited Germany maany times before I started my exchange year, and the ideas that I got from the country weren´t exactly the same as I have now. Of course many have stayed the same - I still think Germany is a wonderful country and it has a lot to be proud of - but I don´t think anymore as the tourist Alina used to.

   First of all, one thing that I noticed on the first-second weeks of school, is that germans don´t tend to prejudge you and they are nice! I do think that Germany is the most anti-racist country I´ve ever seen! A huge amount of people think Germany is still the same it was during the WWII, but in reality so many things have changed - okay, the people have changed, the country´s still the same. It seems like the nation has learned from the mistakes of their ancestors, and turned the country to a loving and a accepting place. You can literally be whatever  you want whenever you want, and you´ll still be accepted byothers. And as I´ve mentioned in my posts before, it´s nicer to go to school here, since other students don´t judge you and you most likely wont get bullied. Okay there are some bullies of course, but it´s not a thing here, and usually the bullies are the ones who don´t have any friends and are ignored by the rest.

   I´m not going to get tired about repeating over and over again, how loving people germans are! They´re just these cute little bundles of love and care! I wouldn´t even mind taking some of them back home with me, and I do think the world needs more of people like the ones, I´ve gotten to know here!!!

   One thing that really bothers me, is that in history we only learn about WWII and natcism. Also in other subjects, there´s some topics that are somehow connected to it. I didn´t even know there was so much to teach about that one particular event, and it´s like the main thing they teach in schools here. Maybe it just seems so to me, since I´m not really used to hearing about WWII nonstop, all the time. Of course I understand that it was a big deal for Germany, and germans should know everything that happened there, but they don´t really go through any other topics, and I´m having a hard time getting used to it. I don´t paritcularly like that era, since it´s a bit depressing and harsh, but there´s really nothing I can do about it, so guess I´m just going to have to not let it get the best of me :))

   Overall I think that Germany is an amazing country, with a lot of beautiful places and views, and I´m just really happy to be here! I had only positive thoughts before I started my exchange year, and honestly, they´re only getting better! Of course I have some times, when I´m really missing home, and would do anything I can to get a quick visit to Estonia/Finland, but there´s nothing more important than to enjoy the moment, and I know things are going great back at home, and my only job is to have the time of my life and not worry about the unknown :):):):)

So yes, I´m sure that my choice to come to Germany for an exchange year, was THE BEST CHOICE I´VE EVER MADE!!! :)))
 
Bis nexte mal, Tschüß :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti